Hellooo travel lovers…
Hope you had a great week… enjoy reading what I’ve shared last week? Hopefully you find it useful to plan your trip to New Zealand... (Best tak? Best tak???) hehe… I get a bit nervous now to keep up the excitement going… will try my best ya…
It’s the last month of summer in New Zealand… I guess it’s a bit late to talk about this hot season now (definitely will cover soon about summer)… so I’ve decided to spill the beans about the coming season that is just around the corner… Yellow Orange and Red… Yayyy my favourite season of the year!!!!
- Albert Camus -
Omgggg… Imagine driving along the scenic route in South Island with the stunning autumn backdrop… calm and quiet moment when you park your motorhome… sitting by the lake and mesmerized by the colours of autumn with cuppa hot coffee... ”Best feeling ever!!!”… haha… ok enough about feeling2… time to make it a reality :)
Let’s start planning for your autumn trip (I plak excited!!!)…I will share a few things here…hopefully it will help you get some ideas:
- Best time to see Autumn colours
- Top Places to visit during Autumn
- Some activities you can do in Autumn
- Ikhlas Tours Leisure and Motorhome packages
March to early April… still hot and you can’t see much autumn colours yet… but it's a good time for outdoor lovers to explore the trails. After the first week of May it tends to rain more and leaves usually start falling.
Peak time for fall foliage is roughly from the second week of April to early May. The best time you get to see the colours of autumn? Definitely I can’t give you the exact date cause it’s all up to mother nature… I’m just mother of a child… hehe…. But that’s the rough idea for you to know when's the best time to come.
Note: Average temperature in autumn is highest around 20'C day time and lowest can be around 10'C night time...depending on the area as well...southern areas get much colder...just don't forget to check the weather forecast so you know the right jacket to bring...not the thick "Mink Coat" ya...just kidding...hehe
2. Top Places To Visit During Autumn
Why South Island? According to the locals.. More places you can get autumn colours there…
Take the scenic route and enjoy the beautiful golden colours of autumn… Places you could put in your itinerary :
- Mackenzie Countries… from Lake Tekapo to Lake Pukaki to Twizel to Omarama
- The Waitaki Valley… Omarama to Kurow; in particular Lake Benmore and Lake Aviemore
- Wanaka and Cardrona Valley… especially Lake Wanaka
- Arrowtown and Queenstown… Arrowtown gives the richest autumn colours in the South and they even have Autumn Festival, which is usually held around end of April. The busiest town during autumn would be this town. As for Queenstown you can take a short drive to Glenorchy
- Christchurch… a must visit here would be Hagley Park
- Central Otago… you wouldn’t wanna miss Clyde Dam lookout for autumnal vista overlooking Clyde and Alexandra.
Tips : Check driving distance from one place to another… Again… pleaseeee don’t rush to cover all the places in one trip cause you won’t have enough time (Trust me!)… If you have time to visit only one location in New Zealand for fall foliage, Arrowtown would be the best place to visit according to the locals here.
Still best time to do outdoor activities... honestly I prefer early autumn for some outdoor adventures... but not towards end of autumn because there'll be more rains by then.
- Picnic or walk in the Park…relax yourself and enjoy the magical view...
- In Wanaka…you can take scenic flight to get the best views of golden vales from above, or take a Jet boat trip to lakes and riverside golden splendour.
- Kayaking on any of the beautiful waterways as most are lined in russet and gold – the perfect gilded frame to the cerulean waters of the Lake Wanaka region
- Quad biking in the autumnally magical Cardrona Valley, horse trekking, 4WD trips either scenic or with a photographic angle.
- Outdoor adventures…Mountain Bikers, Hikers/Trampers for Autumn season..best time would be in March and April to explore the trails…I think I should write one special topic just to cover about trails cause if I mix it here…I will be biased and talk more on this cause I’ll get too excited and can’t stop writing about how amazing the trails here in New Zealand…haha
4. Ikhlas Tours - Leisure or Motorhome Package?
To travel in autumn, you can contact Ikhlas Tours for Leisure Packages (vehicle and accommodation). Ikhlas Tours will recommend suitable vehicle for your group and self-contained accommodation. Our packages focus on laid back and leisure concept... basically we want you to experience New Zealanders style... cause here it's always about how you appreciate nature's beauty... peaceful and quiet ambiance... time to relax and clear your mind...
Alternatively, book Ikhlas Tours Motorhome or Campervan (not Caravan ya...not really the right term actually cause Caravan needs to use tow bar... and Malaysian Driving license is not allowed to drive this type of vehicles)... you are not the only one... all this while I called it Caravan too.. haha
The motorhome comes with :
- Toilet/shower – on board
- Bedding supplies - pillows, blankets and towels
- Basic kitchen facilities – cooker, small fridge and cooking appliances on board
- Parking with basic power supply… We will advise you where you can park your motorhome at powered campsite facilities…
Ikhlas Tours package also includes :
- Airport pickup/drop off
- GPS ‘touch n drive’ - GPS will be pre-set to assist your navigation
- Itinerary - Detailed itinerary scheduling your daily activities
- Qiblat direction / Halal directory / mosques
- Tour instructions
- Travel Insurance
- Safe driving tips
- NZ SIM card
Again Ikhlas Tours is here to assist your travel plan...the best way to fit your wish list and budget.
Please visit Ikhlas Tours website at www.ikhlastours.co.nz
That's roughly about autumn... hope it's useful enough to plan your golden journey...hehe... Next I will share everyone's favourite season of the year...I'm sure you can guess what season that is...haha..you definitely don't want to miss it... Tungguuuuu
Till then… talk to you soon travel lovers with more tips to be shared!
"Create your journey moment...."